Their ideologies maybe poles apart, but that did not prevent RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat Sunday from having a word of praise for Mao Zedong.
While conveying the importance of physical fitness, the RSS chief cited Mao and how he inspired a revolution by his regimented approach that involved testing the body’s preparedness in extreme cold and hot conditions. Bhagwat was addressing a gathering at the end of a route march (Path Sanchalan) taken out by select RSS cadres. Several BJP leaders and ministers were also present.
The media was not allowed to cover the event. When the details of Bhagwat’s speech filtered out, RSS minders had a tough time explaining his comments. They said he did not laud Mao’s ideology but conveyed that only a healthy mind can nurture a healthy mind.
Bhagwat told the gathering that his organisation was involved in nation building as the task could not be left to any leader, party or institution.
Responding to the criticism about the RSS gathering, he said the event was not a show of power but to “empower the Hindu society”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said the country’s future could be changed only if the leader and public rose above selfish interests and stopped discriminating.
Without naming Arvind Kejriwal or the AAP, he said an atmosphere created by agitations does not last long.