Haryana Janhit Congress chief Kuldeep Bishnoi on Thursday announced to snap his party’s three-year-old ties with the BJP, accusing it of “betrayal” and putting an end to prolonged differences over seat-sharing ahead of Assembly polls later this year.
Bishnoi has now reached out to Jan Chetna Party led by former Union minister Venod Sharma, who during run-up to the Lok Sabha elections had made a futile attempt to join the NDA.
The alliance between BJP, which is eyeing to wrest power from Congress in Haryana, and HJC has seen serious rift since the Lok Sabha polls after Bishnoi-led party failed to the two seats it contested and the saffron party bagged seven constituencies. Bishnoi had himself suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of INLD’s Dushyant Chautala in Hisar.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“The BJP that has a tendency of betrayal violated the alliance. They have the history of betrayal, they ditched former chief ministers B D Sharma, Devi Lal, Bansi Lal, Om Prakash Chautala and now they have betrayed me. We had an agreement that did not mention that the terms and conditions of the alliance would be revised after the Lok Sabha results… They did all possible efforts get me defeated,” Bishnoi told mediapersons here.
As per the agreement, the alliance was to project Bishnoi as the CM with BJP and HJC contesting 45 seats each in the 90-member Assembly. However, after the Lok Sabha results BJP asked him to withdraw from CM race and agree on only 25 seats for his party.
“I had been agreeing to them on everything. I was told that Prime Minister Narendra Modi wanted a rally in Hisar. I arranged one at Fatehabad, made all arrangements, but Modi did not turn up. Sushma Swaraj said don’t take Venod Sharma, I agreed. I was given Karnal Lok Sabha seat where I announced my brother Chander Mohan. They opposed and my brother agreed to withdraw. Then they gave me Sirsa and wanted to impose their own candidate, I refused. They ensured that I lose both Hisar and Sirsa,” Bishnoi said.
He also alleged that the BJP was hands in glove with the INLD. Bishnoi also announced that his party would have an electoral tie-up with Jan Chetna Party. On the alliance, Venod Sharma said Bishnoi would be the CM if the alliance was voted to power.