Haryana Janhit Congress chief Kuldeep Bishnoi on Thursday announced to snap his party’s three-year-old ties with the BJP, accusing it of “betrayal” and putting an end to prolonged differences over seat-sharing ahead of Assembly polls later this year.
Bishnoi has now reached out to Jan Chetna Party led by former Union minister Venod Sharma, who during run-up to the Lok Sabha elections had made a futile attempt to join the NDA.
The alliance between BJP, which is eyeing to wrest power from Congress in Haryana, and HJC has seen serious rift since the Lok Sabha polls after Bishnoi-led party failed to the two seats it contested and the saffron party bagged seven constituencies. Bishnoi had himself suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of INLD’s Dushyant Chautala in Hisar.
“The BJP that has a tendency of betrayal violated the alliance. They have the history of betrayal, they ditched former chief ministers B D Sharma, Devi Lal, Bansi Lal, Om Prakash Chautala and now they have betrayed me. We had an agreement that did not mention that the terms and conditions of the alliance would be revised after the Lok Sabha results… They did all possible efforts get me defeated,” Bishnoi told mediapersons here.
As per the agreement, the alliance was to project Bishnoi as the CM with BJP and HJC contesting 45 seats each in the 90-member Assembly. However, after the Lok Sabha results BJP asked him to withdraw from CM race and agree on only 25 seats for his party.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I had been agreeing to them on everything. I was told that Prime Minister Narendra Modi wanted a rally in Hisar. I arranged one at Fatehabad, made all arrangements, but Modi did not turn up. Sushma Swaraj said don’t take Venod Sharma, I agreed. I was given Karnal Lok Sabha seat where I announced my brother Chander Mohan. They opposed and my brother agreed to withdraw. Then they gave me Sirsa and wanted to impose their own candidate, I refused. They ensured that I lose both Hisar and Sirsa,” Bishnoi said.
He also alleged that the BJP was hands in glove with the INLD. Bishnoi also announced that his party would have an electoral tie-up with Jan Chetna Party. On the alliance, Venod Sharma said Bishnoi would be the CM if the alliance was voted to power.