Senior VHP leader Pravin Togadia today asked the political parties, especially BJP, to promise various concessions and schemes for Hindu community in their manifestos, apart from enactment of law to build the Ram temple in Ayodhya.
“We on behalf of the majority of Hindus have demanded that all the political parties should promise to provide fee-reimbursement to Rs 10 crore poor Hindu students in their manifestos,” said Togadia, the international working president of VHP.
Jobs should be provided to Hindu youths and security to over four lakh Kashmiri Hindus living in refugee camps, he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The parties should also promise to enact a law to facilitate construction of the Ram Temple in Aydhya, he said.
Cow slaughter and religious conversions should be banned, article 370 of Constitution should be removed and common civil code should be implemented, he said, listing other demands.
He said he has high hopes from BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in this regard.
When asked about Congress President Sonia Gandhi seeking support of the Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid, Togadia said “in the democracy everyone has the right to seek votes”.
He said Hindus should also vote for a party which cares about their rights.