Just days before the BJP-led government took charge, 13 “confidential” files were found to be missing from Rail Bhawan. After carrying out unofficial searches for days, the Railway Board on May 23 termed the files “untraceable” and sent a note to all its branches to look for them.
“Section officers, in-charges are requested to make a thorough search in their branches/ officers’ rooms,” says the note, which has been accessed by The Indian Express. The officials have been given time till June 16, after which they will have to formally communicate the result of the search.
The files are said to have gone missing either from their respective sections or from the offices where they were sent for consideration. The files are on varied subjects with different degrees of importance, containing notings, deliberations and internal decisions by the bureaucracy at all levels.
Among these are:
Confidential Cell’s files on shortlisted candidates for the appointment of senior joint secretary grade post of division railway managers across India for 2008-09, 2012-13 and 2013-14.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The CAT bench has stayed the appointment of new DRMs over alleged wrongdoings in the process.
* Files containing correspondence with the Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI).
* A crucial safety related file containing a proposal to set up “emergency response rooms” at all major stations.
* A file pertaining to senior-level transfers and postings.
* A file on the maintenance charges of four level crossings serving the Bhilai Steel Plant.
* A file on incentive packages offered to employees deputed to Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation Limited.
* Files on out-of-turn promotions to sportspersons and proposal for ad hoc promotions.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, a senior Railway Board official said the missing files could be reconstructed if the file notings are saved in the department computers.