Just days before the BJP-led government took charge, 13 “confidential” files were found to be missing from Rail Bhawan. After carrying out unofficial searches for days, the Railway Board on May 23 termed the files “untraceable” and sent a note to all its branches to look for them.
“Section officers, in-charges are requested to make a thorough search in their branches/ officers’ rooms,” says the note, which has been accessed by The Indian Express. The officials have been given time till June 16, after which they will have to formally communicate the result of the search.
The files are said to have gone missing either from their respective sections or from the offices where they were sent for consideration. The files are on varied subjects with different degrees of importance, containing notings, deliberations and internal decisions by the bureaucracy at all levels.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Among these are:
Confidential Cell’s files on shortlisted candidates for the appointment of senior joint secretary grade post of division railway managers across India for 2008-09, 2012-13 and 2013-14.
The CAT bench has stayed the appointment of new DRMs over alleged wrongdoings in the process.
* Files containing correspondence with the Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI).
* A crucial safety related file containing a proposal to set up “emergency response rooms” at all major stations.
* A file pertaining to senior-level transfers and postings.
* A file on the maintenance charges of four level crossings serving the Bhilai Steel Plant.
* A file on incentive packages offered to employees deputed to Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation Limited.
* Files on out-of-turn promotions to sportspersons and proposal for ad hoc promotions.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, a senior Railway Board official said the missing files could be reconstructed if the file notings are saved in the department computers.