Unhappy with the P J Nayak Committee panel report suggesting privatisation of public sector banks, five bank employees unions on Tuesday decided to stage nationwide demonstrations on May 23. “We oppose the Reserve Bank of India appointed Committee, with P J Nayak as its Chairman, which recommended privatisation of public sector banks and reduction of government’s capital to less than 50 per cent,” said C H Venkatachalam, General Secretary of All India Bank Employees Association (AIBEA) representing employees of public and private sector banks.
“We will take out countrywide demonstrations on May 23,” he added, demanding the rejection of the report. The report has also recommended merger of public sector banks, ownership of government banks to be transferred to investment companies and public sector banks to be kept out of the RTI Act.
Besides, it suggested that the government issue regulatory instructions to banks, and they be covered by the Companies Act. “In short, the committee wants removal of government control and banks to be handed over to private hands. To express our strong protest and objection to the Nayak Committee recommendations and to demand rejection of the report. Mass demonstrations will be held throughout the country on May 23”, he said in a statement.
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
Besides AIBEA, All India Bank Officers’ Association, Bank Employees Federation of India, Indian National Bank Employees Federation, Indian National Bank Officers Congress would also participate in the demonstration on that day, he said.