Employees of public sector banks will go on a two-day nation-wide strike from February 10 as unions and management have failed to reach a consensus on wage revision.
“The conciliation meeting before the Chief Labour Commissioner between the unions and Indian Banks Association (IBA) failed to find an amicable solution,” United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU) Convener M V Murali told PTI.
So, UFBU has decided to go on two day nation-wide from February 10 to press for higher wage revision, he said.
General Secretary of National Organisation of Bank Workers, Ashwini Rana, said as the offer made by bank management is not in line with the rising inflation, the unions are compelled to stage protest.
Staff of public sector banks had gone on a day’s strike nationwide on December 18, as discussions with IBA on wage revision had failed on December 14. The wage revision of public sector bank employees has been due since November 2012.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
UFBU is an umbrella organisation of nine bank employees and officers unions.
There are 27 public sector banks in the country with employees strength of about 8 lakh. There are about 50,000
branches of these banks across the country.