Employees of public sector banks will go on a two-day nation-wide strike from February 10 as unions and management have failed to reach a consensus on wage revision.
“The conciliation meeting before the Chief Labour Commissioner between the unions and Indian Banks Association (IBA) failed to find an amicable solution,” United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU) Convener M V Murali told PTI.
So, UFBU has decided to go on two day nation-wide from February 10 to press for higher wage revision, he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
General Secretary of National Organisation of Bank Workers, Ashwini Rana, said as the offer made by bank management is not in line with the rising inflation, the unions are compelled to stage protest.
Staff of public sector banks had gone on a day’s strike nationwide on December 18, as discussions with IBA on wage revision had failed on December 14. The wage revision of public sector bank employees has been due since November 2012.
UFBU is an umbrella organisation of nine bank employees and officers unions.
There are 27 public sector banks in the country with employees strength of about 8 lakh. There are about 50,000
branches of these banks across the country.