Under attack over the rape and murder of two Dalit cousin sisters, the Akhilesh Yadav government on Saturday suspended Badaun SP, decided to take action against then District magistrate and undertook a massive rejig involving 66 IAS and 42 IPS officers.
Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan, who faced a volley of questions from reporters here, said several facts have emerged in the Badaun incident and it would have been better if the administration had acted promptly.
“SP Badaun (Atul Saxena) has been suspended and decision has been taken to take action against the then district magistrate (Chandra Prakash). The new DM has taken charge only two days back,” he said.
L R Kumar, SP (law and order) DGP headquarters, has been posted as new SP of Badaun district.
The decision to crack the whip was taken at a meeting convened by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and attended by Principal Secretary (Home) Deepak Sighal and DGP A L Banerjee.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In a fresh twist to the Badaun rape and murder case, Banerjee said that according to available inputs rape of one of the victims was not confirmed and property could be one of the motive.
“Of the two victims, one was the lone child of her parents. Her father is one of three brothers with limited resources and if she was not alive, it could benefit others.
It could be one of the motive. I am not saying that this is the motive,” he said.
He claimed that several important facts have come to light in the incident after an examination was conducted by experts.
Referring to recovery of four beer bottles and two glasses from the spot he said,”it may be that the crime has another dimension. Those, who are being talked about, may not be involved. They may be released, but it depends on the
investigation. We don’t think that one of the victim was
“Two policemen were terminated under immediate circumstances. If there had been any shortcoming then it would be ratified,” he added.
Banerjee said that a lot of evidences could have been collected immediately after the incident, but the local police made no extra effort to find them.
He said that the forensic team, which was sent to the spot, was able to collect evidence from there.
Bodies of the two cousins aged 14 and 15 years were found hanging with a tree in Katra Sadatganj village last month, triggering outrage in the state.
Apart from suspending SP Badaun, the Akhilesh Yadav government carried out a major reshuffle in the police department, transferring 42 IPS officers including IGPs and DIGs.
SP (Law and Order) in DGP headquarters in Lucknow, L R Kumar, will take over as SP Badaun, an official spokesman said.
IGP Ashish Gupta, recently removed from the Special Task Force (STF) and put on the wait list, has been appointed IGP Railway, Lucknow.
IGP Kanpur zone, Sunil Kumar Gupta, has been shifted to Allahabad zone. IGP Agra Asutosh Pandey will replace him.
SSP Ghaziabad, Sachi Ghildiyal, has been made SP Administration. She will be replaced by Commandant sixth PAC