Under attack over the rape and murder of two Dalit cousin sisters, the Akhilesh Yadav government on Saturday suspended Badaun SP, decided to take action against then District magistrate and undertook a massive rejig involving 66 IAS and 42 IPS officers.
Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan, who faced a volley of questions from reporters here, said several facts have emerged in the Badaun incident and it would have been better if the administration had acted promptly.
“SP Badaun (Atul Saxena) has been suspended and decision has been taken to take action against the then district magistrate (Chandra Prakash). The new DM has taken charge only two days back,” he said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
L R Kumar, SP (law and order) DGP headquarters, has been posted as new SP of Badaun district.
The decision to crack the whip was taken at a meeting convened by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and attended by Principal Secretary (Home) Deepak Sighal and DGP A L Banerjee.
In a fresh twist to the Badaun rape and murder case, Banerjee said that according to available inputs rape of one of the victims was not confirmed and property could be one of the motive.
“Of the two victims, one was the lone child of her parents. Her father is one of three brothers with limited resources and if she was not alive, it could benefit others.
It could be one of the motive. I am not saying that this is the motive,” he said.
He claimed that several important facts have come to light in the incident after an examination was conducted by experts.
Referring to recovery of four beer bottles and two glasses from the spot he said,”it may be that the crime has another dimension. Those, who are being talked about, may not be involved. They may be released, but it depends on the
investigation. We don’t think that one of the victim was
“Two policemen were terminated under immediate circumstances. If there had been any shortcoming then it would be ratified,” he added.
Banerjee said that a lot of evidences could have been collected immediately after the incident, but the local police made no extra effort to find them.
He said that the forensic team, which was sent to the spot, was able to collect evidence from there.
Bodies of the two cousins aged 14 and 15 years were found hanging with a tree in Katra Sadatganj village last month, triggering outrage in the state.
Apart from suspending SP Badaun, the Akhilesh Yadav government carried out a major reshuffle in the police department, transferring 42 IPS officers including IGPs and DIGs.
SP (Law and Order) in DGP headquarters in Lucknow, L R Kumar, will take over as SP Badaun, an official spokesman said.
IGP Ashish Gupta, recently removed from the Special Task Force (STF) and put on the wait list, has been appointed IGP Railway, Lucknow.
IGP Kanpur zone, Sunil Kumar Gupta, has been shifted to Allahabad zone. IGP Agra Asutosh Pandey will replace him.
SSP Ghaziabad, Sachi Ghildiyal, has been made SP Administration. She will be replaced by Commandant sixth PAC