Amidst outrage over the gangrape of two Dalit sisters in Badaun, two constables were on Friday sacked and another accused arrested as the UP government promised to set up a fast track court to punish the culprits.
Even as the case grabbed headlines, another teenage Dalit girl was allegedly gangraped by four persons in Azamgarh.
In Delhi, Home Minister Rajnath Singh was briefed by officials on the outrageous incident that took place on Tuesday when the two teenaged girls were gangraped and their bodies hung from a tree in Badaun district.
Singh was informed that the UP government has sent a report to the Home Ministry, saying some persons involved in the crime have been arrested and all guilty will be punished, according to official sources.
SP Atul Kumar Saxena said the services of two constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav have been terminated.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“One more accused Awadhesh Yadav has been arrested by the police,” he said.
Of the seven wanted in the case, three (policeman Sarvesh Yadav and brothers Pappu and Awadhesh Yadav) have been arrested so far, he said.
Sarvesh and Pappu were arrested yesterday.Four others Urvesh Yadav (brother of Pappu and Awadhesh), policeman Chhatrapal Yadav and two unidentified persons are at large.
Sarvesh and Chhatrpal have been booked under section 120B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC, while the three brothers –Pappu, Awadhesh and Urvesh– and two others have been booked under Section 302 (murder) and 376 (rape) of IPC.
The two girls, who were cousins and aged 14 and 15, went missing from their house on the night of May 27 and their bodies were found hanging from a mango tree in the village in Ushait area the next morning.
The incident had triggered protests in the area with villagers alleging police apathy, following which an FIR was registered against seven persons.
Terming the gangrape and murder as “unfortunate”, UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday ordered the police to arrest all the accused immediately and said a fast-track court be constituted to ensure that they were duly punished.
Mayawati said, “Law and order situation is pathetic. In such a scenario, the Governor should make recommendation for President’s rule in the state”.