Amidst outrage over the gangrape of two Dalit sisters in Badaun, two constables were on Friday sacked and another accused arrested as the UP government promised to set up a fast track court to punish the culprits.
Even as the case grabbed headlines, another teenage Dalit girl was allegedly gangraped by four persons in Azamgarh.
In Delhi, Home Minister Rajnath Singh was briefed by officials on the outrageous incident that took place on Tuesday when the two teenaged girls were gangraped and their bodies hung from a tree in Badaun district.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Singh was informed that the UP government has sent a report to the Home Ministry, saying some persons involved in the crime have been arrested and all guilty will be punished, according to official sources.
SP Atul Kumar Saxena said the services of two constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav have been terminated.
“One more accused Awadhesh Yadav has been arrested by the police,” he said.
Of the seven wanted in the case, three (policeman Sarvesh Yadav and brothers Pappu and Awadhesh Yadav) have been arrested so far, he said.
Sarvesh and Pappu were arrested yesterday.Four others Urvesh Yadav (brother of Pappu and Awadhesh), policeman Chhatrapal Yadav and two unidentified persons are at large.
Sarvesh and Chhatrpal have been booked under section 120B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC, while the three brothers –Pappu, Awadhesh and Urvesh– and two others have been booked under Section 302 (murder) and 376 (rape) of IPC.
The two girls, who were cousins and aged 14 and 15, went missing from their house on the night of May 27 and their bodies were found hanging from a mango tree in the village in Ushait area the next morning.
The incident had triggered protests in the area with villagers alleging police apathy, following which an FIR was registered against seven persons.
Terming the gangrape and murder as “unfortunate”, UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday ordered the police to arrest all the accused immediately and said a fast-track court be constituted to ensure that they were duly punished.
Also, attacking the Samajwadi Party, Mayawati demanded a CBI probe into the gangrape and murder of two Dalit sisters in Badaun district.
Mayawati said, “Law and order situation is pathetic. In such a scenario, the Governor should make recommendation for President’s rule in the state”.