The questioning was on at the time of going to press at 11.30 pm. Sources confirmed that Najru’s polygraph test was completed during this period along with the questioning. CBI officials did not give the reason for his sustained questioning on Thursday night.
Najru, a neighbour of the two cousins, was a close associate of the family and according to the family members he had been “like an uncle” to the girls. He was the eyewitness mentioned by the cousins’ fathers in the FIR filed at the Katra Sadatganj police chowki in Usait in Badaun.
Najru had claimed to have seen the youngest of the three accused brothers dragging the girls on May 27 evening, when he had gone to check his fields. There were 4-5 others whom he could not identify in the dark. He had claimed when he had tried to save the girls, the accused threatened him with a gun, forcing him to flee. The accused in his statement had said he had gone to meet the elder cousin, who was his friend. He said he was returning with the girl and her sister, they ran into Najru after which there was a scuffle between the two. He claimed that Najru then took the girls with him.
In the CBI enquiries last week, it also emerged that Najru and the cousins’ real uncle had received Rs 1 lakh each in their grameen bank accounts in Badaun from the cousins’ fathers out of the compensation money received by different quarters. The cousins’ fathers had admitted to giving the eyewitnesses this money, explaining that since they were family, and could not do their farming work since they were helping them in the case, it was natural for them to help them.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Last week, family members had also handed over a broken mobile phone, which reportedly belonged to the elder cousin. Although villagers and eyewitness had claimed seeing the mobile on the body of the elder cousin, it soon went missing. The mobile was later recovered from the maternal uncle of one of the cousins.