Demanding justice for the Badaun victims, a group of women on Wednesday protested in front of the Bareilly divisional commissioner in Katra Sadatganj village where the two teenaged girls were gangraped and later hanged from a tree, sparking a nation-wide outrage.
“Commissioner Bareilly K Ravindranayak along with other officers visited the village for inspection,” District Magistrate Uday Raj Singh said.
During the commissioner’s visit, women of the village protested in front of him and said that they wanted justice for the victims, Singh said.
They also demanded that a CBI inquiry should be conducted into the matter at the earliest, after which the accused should be hanged, Singh said.
Commissioner Ravindranayak meanwhile said, justice would be done and adequate security would be provided to the family members of the victim.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Ravindranayak assured that the state government and the administration were committed to create a fear-free atmosphere in the village.
Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police Atul Saxena said a team was reaching from Delhi to prepare a sketch of unidentified persons named in the FIR.
He said that once sketch were ready identification of the accused would be done.
The two teenage girls, aged 14 and 15 years, were allegedly gangraped and murdered with their bodies found hanging from a mango tree in a village in Ushait area in Badaun.
The girls went missing on May 27 and their bodies were found the next day.
Badaun is 300 km from Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow.
Five accused– three brothers Pappu Yadav, Awadhesh Yadav and Urvesh Yadav and constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav —have been arrested in the case.
The two accused policemen have been terminated from their service.