Demanding justice for the Badaun victims, a group of women on Wednesday protested in front of the Bareilly divisional commissioner in Katra Sadatganj village where the two teenaged girls were gangraped and later hanged from a tree, sparking a nation-wide outrage.
“Commissioner Bareilly K Ravindranayak along with other officers visited the village for inspection,” District Magistrate Uday Raj Singh said.
During the commissioner’s visit, women of the village protested in front of him and said that they wanted justice for the victims, Singh said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
They also demanded that a CBI inquiry should be conducted into the matter at the earliest, after which the accused should be hanged, Singh said.
Commissioner Ravindranayak meanwhile said, justice would be done and adequate security would be provided to the family members of the victim.
Ravindranayak assured that the state government and the administration were committed to create a fear-free atmosphere in the village.
Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police Atul Saxena said a team was reaching from Delhi to prepare a sketch of unidentified persons named in the FIR.
He said that once sketch were ready identification of the accused would be done.
The two teenage girls, aged 14 and 15 years, were allegedly gangraped and murdered with their bodies found hanging from a mango tree in a village in Ushait area in Badaun.
The girls went missing on May 27 and their bodies were found the next day.
Badaun is 300 km from Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow.
Five accused– three brothers Pappu Yadav, Awadhesh Yadav and Urvesh Yadav and constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav —have been arrested in the case.
The two accused policemen have been terminated from their service.