A day after he was detained and questioned here at Heathrow Airport by custom officials for several hours,Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev on Saturday said he was not given any explanation for the action by the authorities and claimed he was not involved in anything illegal.
“I have never done anything wrong or illegal in my life. I was detained for eight hours at the airport,but was not given any explanation. I asked them repeatedly to give me a reason for detention; but they told that they cannot disclose it to me,” Ramdev said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Ramdev’s detention has drawn criticism from the BJP which urged the Centre to intervene. BJP President Rajnath Singh termed the detention of the yoga guru as “serious” issue and asked the Centre to take cognisance of the matter.
“The reasons for his detention have not been made public…as I know,he was detained at the airport for carrying a diary carrying mantras. The diary has been seized and he has been called for fresh questioning today also,” Singh told reporters in New Delhi.
There was lack of clarity over the reason for his detention at the airport. Ramdev went to London to attend the function organised by the Patanjali Yogpeeth on the 120th anniversary of Swami Vivekananda in the next couple of days.
According to one of the organisers of the function,Ramdev was questioned on books he was carrying which were in Hindi and Sanskrit. The officials detained Ramdev for over six hours before he was allowed to go.
However,a source said,Ramdev was questioned by customs officials as he came here on a visitor visa instead of a business visa. Some media reports also said that Ramdev was questioned about certain medicines he was carrying with him. Ramdev’s spokesman SK Tejarawala described as “baseless” that he was being questioned on carrying some medicines.