A day after yoga guru Baba Ramdev was caught discussing election funds with BJP’s Alwar candidate Mahant Chandnath, here are a few more instances of open mic gaffes across the globe where leaders and politicians were caught speaking about personal and national affairs unaware that the mic was on.
1. US President Barack Obama’s joke about why he quit smoking was caught on camera.
2. While interacting with his interviewer, His Holiness Dalai Lama asks his translators and fellow monks ‘what’s pizza?’
3. Politicians from Mussoorie in Uttarakhand indulged in serious fight over hoisting National flag. Unaware of the cameras, the politicians got themselves recorded on 67th Indpendence day.
4. US President Barack Obama was again caught talking off the record with Russian President Medvedev. Obama was caught on camera assuring outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev he will have “more flexibility” to deal with contentious issues like missile defense after the US presidential election.
5. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) approached Secretary of State John Kerry at the end of an appropriations committee meeting to offer the Obama appointee assistance against House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio). An open microphone caught the beginning of the exchange. It is unknown what particular assistance Graham was offering.
6. Few more clips of politicians leaving their mic on
Yes, Baba Ramdev is not alone. But at least he knew the mic was on.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now