Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan has urged Shahi Imam of Delhi’s Jama Masjid Syed Ahmed Bukhari to reconsider his decision to support Congress, saying his appeal to Muslims could divide the community.
“By an appeal favoring a faint Congress, the strength of the Muslim community or electorate will be fractured and that position would be beneficial for communal forces like BJP,” the minister said in a statement yesterday.
Bukhari had yesterday appealed to Muslims to support the Congress and ensure that secular votes are not divided.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Azam said “under present circumstances when the country’s reins are feared to be grabbed by the communal forces.I appeal you (Imam) to seriously reconsider your appeal and also not to issue any such appeal which might affect the honor of the Jama Masjid adversely due to shattering of Muslim’s oneness.”
He said since Imam was holding a very responsible position in the Islamic religious world, it is inevitable that from his side only the messages strengthening national unity should be issued.