Sangh Parivar activists disrupted the screening of Kashmiri documentary, Ocean of Tears, in Thrissur, where a film festival is underway. However, the audience and festival organisers foiled the BJP-RSS bid by forming a human chain to protect the projector and screen from the agitators.
Ocean of Tears has a certificate for universal screening from the Censor Board and has been produced by Public Service Broadcasting Trust, New Delhi. Alleging that the documentary was Pakistan funded and would demoralise Indian security forces, the activists had warned the organisers of the ViBGYOR Alternative International Film Festival that they would prevent the screening.
On Friday, 70-odd men led by BJP Thrissur district president A Nagesh reached the hall. Barely 10 minutes after the screening started, protesters barged into the hall to damage the screen. “The audience stood up against the agitators and formed a human chain to prevent them from damaging the screen and projector,’’ festival director P Baburaj said.
As the screening resumed, the protesters had no option but to leave. Following a complaint from the organisers, Thrissur police have registered a case against Nagesh and 50 others.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More