Sangh Parivar activists disrupted the screening of Kashmiri documentary, Ocean of Tears, in Thrissur, where a film festival is underway. However, the audience and festival organisers foiled the BJP-RSS bid by forming a human chain to protect the projector and screen from the agitators.
Ocean of Tears has a certificate for universal screening from the Censor Board and has been produced by Public Service Broadcasting Trust, New Delhi. Alleging that the documentary was Pakistan funded and would demoralise Indian security forces, the activists had warned the organisers of the ViBGYOR Alternative International Film Festival that they would prevent the screening.
On Friday, 70-odd men led by BJP Thrissur district president A Nagesh reached the hall. Barely 10 minutes after the screening started, protesters barged into the hall to damage the screen. “The audience stood up against the agitators and formed a human chain to prevent them from damaging the screen and projector,’’ festival director P Baburaj said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
As the screening resumed, the protesters had no option but to leave. Following a complaint from the organisers, Thrissur police have registered a case against Nagesh and 50 others.