At least 18 people are feared killed and 14 others seriously injured when a bus fell into a gorge from the Jaypee Dam in the Sangla valley in Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh.
Early reports suggest that brakes of the bus failed and could not stop in time. The bus fell into the gorge 200-metre from the Jaypee Dam. However, locals said that the bus was overloaded and when it tried to turn one of its wheels was hanging out of the road. Eyewitnesses said some people jumped out of the bus before it went down into the gorge.
Locals and police are carrying out rescue operations. Police sources say that the toll is likely to increase.
They also said most of the people in the bus were Kinnaur locals and two were labourers from Bihar.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Deputy Speaker of the state Assembly Jagat Singh Negi rushed to the spot.