At least 18 people are feared killed and 14 others seriously injured when a bus fell into a gorge from the Jaypee Dam in the Sangla valley in Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh.
Early reports suggest that brakes of the bus failed and could not stop in time. The bus fell into the gorge 200-metre from the Jaypee Dam. However, locals said that the bus was overloaded and when it tried to turn one of its wheels was hanging out of the road. Eyewitnesses said some people jumped out of the bus before it went down into the gorge.
Locals and police are carrying out rescue operations. Police sources say that the toll is likely to increase.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
They also said most of the people in the bus were Kinnaur locals and two were labourers from Bihar.
Deputy Speaker of the state Assembly Jagat Singh Negi rushed to the spot.