At least 120 schoolchildren on Friday fell sick after eating sweets at Independence Day functions at four primary schools in Chaubepur village of the district, police said.
According Kanpur District Magistrate Roshan Jacob, the schoolchildren, along with at least 12 other persons, have been admitted in a primary health centre in the village and a local hospital, where doctors said that the condition of some of them was critical.
The chief medical officer, with a team of 12 doctors, is attending to them.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Jacob said, “At least 120 children, all aged less than 12 years, started vomiting after consuming laddus distributed at the I-Day functions at four primary schools in Chaubepur.”
He said the village head had bought the sweets from a shop in Ashok Nagar area. Police have arrested the owner and sealed the shop.
“Some children took the laddus home and gave them to their family members and siblings, who also complained of food poisoning,” Jacob said.
The DM said that he along with the CMO and 12 other doctors rushed to the spot and admitted the sick children to a primary health centre in the village.
Some of them were critical and were taken to Rama Hospital in Kalyanpur, he said.