At least 120 schoolchildren on Friday fell sick after eating sweets at Independence Day functions at four primary schools in Chaubepur village of the district, police said.
According Kanpur District Magistrate Roshan Jacob, the schoolchildren, along with at least 12 other persons, have been admitted in a primary health centre in the village and a local hospital, where doctors said that the condition of some of them was critical.
The chief medical officer, with a team of 12 doctors, is attending to them.
Jacob said, “At least 120 children, all aged less than 12 years, started vomiting after consuming laddus distributed at the I-Day functions at four primary schools in Chaubepur.”
He said the village head had bought the sweets from a shop in Ashok Nagar area. Police have arrested the owner and sealed the shop.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
“Some children took the laddus home and gave them to their family members and siblings, who also complained of food poisoning,” Jacob said.
The DM said that he along with the CMO and 12 other doctors rushed to the spot and admitted the sick children to a primary health centre in the village.
Some of them were critical and were taken to Rama Hospital in Kalyanpur, he said.