The death toll in the mayhem unleashed by ultras in Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD) has reached to 36 after two more bodies were found in trouble-torn districts of Assam, even the curfew clamped in the area was relaxed on Tuesday as no fresh violence was reported.
Police said the body of a seven-year-old girl was fished out from Beki river near Barpeta Road on Monday night while the body of 35-year-old woman was found on Tuesday at Baksa.
There were no bullet wounds on their bodies and it was suspected that they had died while attempting to flee during the attacks by NDFB(S) on Thursday last, the police said.
The curfew, which was imposed on Friday night, was relaxed from 10 AM for eight hours at Baksa, for six hours at Kokrajhar and for eight hours at Chirang district.
Meanwhile, Assam Human Rights Commission (AHRC) issued a notice to Assam government to conduct an inquiry into alleged involvement of six forest personnel in the attacks and asked it to submit the report within 45 days.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
It has also initiated a suo motu case based on reports in the local media that the six forest personnel were allegedly involved in the violence that erupted in BTAD area on May 1 using departmental weapons and joined hands with certain organisations.
Several organisations like All Assam Muslim Students Union (AAMSU), BJP’s Minority Cell and CPI(ML) took out protest marches and held meetings condemning the attacks and demanding immediate arrest of the culprits.