Two more bodies of minors were recovered in the Baksa district on Saturday, taking the toll in the mayhem allegedly unleashed by the NDFB(S) in BTAD areas to 43, a senior government official said.
“Today, bodies of two minor boys were recovered from the Beki river. While one was 13 months old, another was seven years,” Baksa Additional Deputy Commissioner Bhawani Prasad Sharma told PTI here.
Till date bodies of 36 people were recovered from the violence-hit Narayanguri, Khagrabari and Narsingbari villages of Baksa district and seven from Kokrajhar.
Meanwhile, a National Commission for Minorities team on Friday visited the affected areas of Baksa district.
The team comprised of the Chairman and some members first interacted with the inmates of the relief camp and then went to the spot of the incident in Naryanguri and Khagrabari on the other side of the Beki river, Sharma said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Victims as well as the villagers on the east of Beki river during the interaction with the team alleged that Bodoland People’s Front (BPF)-supported miscreants had attacked them as they did not vote for their candidate in the Lok Sabha elections.