Two more bodies of minors were recovered in the Baksa district on Saturday, taking the toll in the mayhem allegedly unleashed by the NDFB(S) in BTAD areas to 43, a senior government official said.
“Today, bodies of two minor boys were recovered from the Beki river. While one was 13 months old, another was seven years,” Baksa Additional Deputy Commissioner Bhawani Prasad Sharma told PTI here.
Till date bodies of 36 people were recovered from the violence-hit Narayanguri, Khagrabari and Narsingbari villages of Baksa district and seven from Kokrajhar.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Meanwhile, a National Commission for Minorities team on Friday visited the affected areas of Baksa district.
The team comprised of the Chairman and some members first interacted with the inmates of the relief camp and then went to the spot of the incident in Naryanguri and Khagrabari on the other side of the Beki river, Sharma said.
Victims as well as the villagers on the east of Beki river during the interaction with the team alleged that Bodoland People’s Front (BPF)-supported miscreants had attacked them as they did not vote for their candidate in the Lok Sabha elections.