Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Wednesday said his government will break the alliance with Bodoland People’s Front(BPF), if allegations of the Hagra Mohilary-led party’s involvement in killing Muslims are found to be true.
“I will severe the ties with BPF if they are actually involved in killing the Muslims. It will not take even 5 minutes for me,” Gogoi told reporters here after meeting the victims of Narayanguri and Hagrabari villages here.
NIA is probing the incidents and the state government has separately enquiring the massacre, he added. On demand for dissolving the Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD), Gogoi said “I cannot comment on that as it was created by the Centre and is a Constitutional issue.”
The Chief Minister condemned the killings by Bodo militants terming as “inhuman, barbaric and uncivilised”. “We will take all possible steps to arrest the culprits. People have given us some names and a few are already arrested,” he added.
Gogoi also said the state government will take care of all the children, whose parents were killed by the Bodos. Earlier, victims and affected families staying at the relief camp at Bhangarpar demanded Gogoi to dissolve the BTAD immediately.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“We don’t need BTAD. Please dissolve it immediately. We are supporters of Congress and we want only Congress government,” the victims said. Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) is the governing body of BTAD.
Bodoland People’s Front (BPF), which was formed after militant group BLT surrendered and joined mainstream politics after an agreement with the government, is in power of BTC.