Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday asked for a probe by NIA into the violence by Bodo militant group NDFB(S) in the state and vowed to apprehend those responsible for the killings.
“We have decided to recommend a probe by the NIA. Nobody responsible for the killings of so many innocent people will
be spared,” Gogoi told reporters here after NDFB(S) militants went on the rampage since Friday killing 32 people and torching scores of houses.
“We have reports that the NDFB(S) group is responsible for these attacks. We have directed the security forces to take the strongest possible action against them,” he said.
Gogoi asked BJP not to politicise the situation and said his track record in maintaining law and order was better than BJP-ruled Gujarat.
“I had called the army in the past to assist the local administration to restore peace. Tell me how many times they called the army to control the riots in Gujarat in 2002,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
At least 32 people were killed in the violence unleashed by NDFB-Songbijit militants in Bodoland Territorial Administration Districts (BTADC) area in Assam since Thursday night.
BJP alleged the Gogoi-led Congress government has failed to maintain law and order and safety of innocent people in Assam.