Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday asked for a probe by NIA into the violence by Bodo militant group NDFB(S) in the state and vowed to apprehend those responsible for the killings.
“We have decided to recommend a probe by the NIA. Nobody responsible for the killings of so many innocent people will
be spared,” Gogoi told reporters here after NDFB(S) militants went on the rampage since Friday killing 32 people and torching scores of houses.
“We have reports that the NDFB(S) group is responsible for these attacks. We have directed the security forces to take the strongest possible action against them,” he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Gogoi asked BJP not to politicise the situation and said his track record in maintaining law and order was better than BJP-ruled Gujarat.
“I had called the army in the past to assist the local administration to restore peace. Tell me how many times they called the army to control the riots in Gujarat in 2002,” he said.
At least 32 people were killed in the violence unleashed by NDFB-Songbijit militants in Bodoland Territorial Administration Districts (BTADC) area in Assam since Thursday night.
BJP alleged the Gogoi-led Congress government has failed to maintain law and order and safety of innocent people in Assam.