Union Human Resources Development Minister Smriti Irani on Friday refused to be drawn into a controversy over the four-year undergraduate programme of Delhi University, citing constitutional obligations.
“There have been persistent attempts on me to speak on a constitutional issue which is not proper. Kindly do not compel me to breach constitutional propriety,” Irani told reporters when asked about the controversy over FYUP in DU.
The Minister was talking to reporters after interacting with the students of Government Model School, which is also the alma mater of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Despite persistent efforts, she refused to say anything further on the issue.
The UGC had set a deadline till Thursday morning for the Delhi University to roll back the controversial four-year undergraduate programme and start admission for the old three-year structure.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Following the stalemate on the issue, the admission process in the DU was deferred for the time being.