Hindu seer Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand, who has many politicians including Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh as his followers, slapped a journalist in Jabalpur Tuesday when asked to comment on the possibility of Narendra Modi becoming the next prime minister.
“Hat yahan se, faltu baat karta hai (Move away, you’re talking nonsense),” the seer said while slapping the journalist.
Though Swaroopanand initially admitted to the act on Wednesday, he claimed it was his duty to show the right path to everyone, including scribes.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Later, put on the defensive after TV channels aired the footage, the seer claimed he had been advised by doctors not to let people near him to prevent catching a disease. He said he had merely pushed the camera away when the reporter came too close.
On Modi, he later said he is neither for, nor against the Gujarat CM.
Singh, meanwhile, claimed the journalist was drunk and behaved indecently. He said he had inquired with the staff present during the incident, and sought an apology from the reporter and the owner of the channel. Local reporters, however, refuted Singh’s allegations.