The chargesheet filed before a Gandhinagar district court against Asaram claims the self-styled godman was sexually involved with at least six women. He has also been accused of having unnatural sex with them.
Police have placed statements of 101 witnesses with Asaram’s former cook Akhilesh Gupta marked as the star witness. Gupta has said that in July 2001, he saw the 33-year-old Surat-based girl — who had lodged the complaint — coming out crying from of Asaram’s Shanti Vatika Kutir at Motera in Ahmedabad.
Gupta has said that a couple of weeks after Guru Purnima in 2001 Asaram’s daughter Bharti arrived at Shanti Kutir with two girls, including the victim. He has said the other girl, who was an expert in acupressure therapy, left with Bharti in ten minutes.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to Gupta, the victim was with Asaram for about 45 minutes in the kutir which is located 2 km away from Gurukul Ashram run by Asaram. On several occasions, he says he asked Asaram why so many girls visited him alone but he was asked to keep quite and sometimes threatened.
Gupta was associated with Asaram since 1996 when his father and mother were followers of the godman. He left him in 2008.
The chargesheet also reveals various murky details of Asaram’s relationships with other women. It states that in 2005 Asaram had unnatural sex with at least six women, including the complainant.
Police have chargesheeted Asaram, his wife Lakshmi, daughter Bharti, four women followers – identified as Dhruvben, Nirmala, Jassi and Meera — under various sections of IPC, including 376 (2) (C), 377, 357, 504 among others. The chargesheet was filed before Chief Judicial Magistrate JB Parikh in Gandhinagar.