The chargesheet filed before a Gandhinagar district court against Asaram claims the self-styled godman was sexually involved with at least six women. He has also been accused of having unnatural sex with them.
Police have placed statements of 101 witnesses with Asaram’s former cook Akhilesh Gupta marked as the star witness. Gupta has said that in July 2001, he saw the 33-year-old Surat-based girl — who had lodged the complaint — coming out crying from of Asaram’s Shanti Vatika Kutir at Motera in Ahmedabad.
Gupta has said that a couple of weeks after Guru Purnima in 2001 Asaram’s daughter Bharti arrived at Shanti Kutir with two girls, including the victim. He has said the other girl, who was an expert in acupressure therapy, left with Bharti in ten minutes.
According to Gupta, the victim was with Asaram for about 45 minutes in the kutir which is located 2 km away from Gurukul Ashram run by Asaram. On several occasions, he says he asked Asaram why so many girls visited him alone but he was asked to keep quite and sometimes threatened.
Gupta was associated with Asaram since 1996 when his father and mother were followers of the godman. He left him in 2008.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The chargesheet also reveals various murky details of Asaram’s relationships with other women. It states that in 2005 Asaram had unnatural sex with at least six women, including the complainant.
Police have chargesheeted Asaram, his wife Lakshmi, daughter Bharti, four women followers – identified as Dhruvben, Nirmala, Jassi and Meera — under various sections of IPC, including 376 (2) (C), 377, 357, 504 among others. The chargesheet was filed before Chief Judicial Magistrate JB Parikh in Gandhinagar.