The prosecution today completed its arguments in the case of alleged sexual assault of a teenage girl by self-styled godman Asaram Bapu.
“We completed our arguments today… The defence will cross-examine the girl on April 25,” said public prosecutor R L Meena.
He said examination of the girl was completed on April 15, but today some photographs and video recordings pertaining to the case were verified by her in the Jodhpur District and Sessions Court.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
On April 11, the girl had turned emotional and had said in the court that the person, whom she and her parents trusted, did such an immoral behaviour with her. She had also recounted her statements given to the police and magistrate.
The court, however, will continue with cross-examination of the first prosecution witness Pushplata, ASI of the Kamla Market police station in Delhi, where the victim had lodged the Zero FIR, and had got her statements recorded.
So far five witnesses have appeared in the court, out of total 58 to be examined, the list of which had been submitted to the court by the prosecution.
Meanwhile, the condition of Asaram deteriorated soon after he entered the courtroom.
He was taken back to the jail. After preliminary check-up by jail doctors, Asaram was taken to the Ayurveda Hospital of the Ayurveda University here.
Asaram is lodged in the Jodhpur Central Jail since September 2 last year after he was booked for the sexual assault on the girl.