Days after accusing the media of being part of a “conspiracy to finish off AAP”, Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government has decided to keep a close tab on all the news channels asking its officials to monitor the content broadcast by them.
An order in this regard has been issued to officials of Directorate of Information and Publicity (DIP) to monitor the news channels from 9 AM to 11 PM. This is being done for the first time by the Delhi Government.
- Ranveer Singh and Aamir Khan embody the 'Thug life' and we can't get enough of them. See photos, video
- Bayern Munich let two-goal lead slip, draw with Wolfsburg
- Would love to be considered for the role of ODI batting coach: Michael Bevan
- In deal with Australia, US to notify 54 refugees of acceptance soon
- ASI, GSI probe if lingam at Mahakal temple has shrunk
- GOP's 'Obamacare' repeal all but dead; McCain deals the blow
DIP officials till now used to keep records of newspapers cuttings related to the government. “DIP officials have been asked to start monitoring the content of news channels related to the government and send a daily report on these contents broadcast by them to Chief Minister’s Office (CMO),” said a senior government official.
Chief Minister Kejriwal had in a recent interview to a news portal said, “A very large section of the media has accepted ‘supari’ for finishing off AAP… There can be a public trial. There can be 8-10 spots in Delhi where we can collect a group of people and show the erroneous clips. That way we can start a ‘janta ka trial’.”
“DIP officials have been directed to monitor the content of new channels from 9 AM to 11 PM. Officals have been asked to do this work for at least one month and thereafter, government will float tenders to hire designated staff to keep close tab on all the new channels ” sources said.