Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday sought to defend the joint opposition by Congress and BJP to introduction of Janlokpal Bill in Delhi Assembly and accused AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal of violating his oath of the chief minister’s office.
“Before assuming the office, an MLA or an MP takes the oath. Similarly, chief minister also takes the oath of (abiding by) the constitution before assuming the office. Kejriwal has however violated that oath,” Shinde told reporters at his hometown Solapur.
Kejriwal stepped down as Delhi Chief Minister on Friday after he was prevented from tabling his dream Janlokpal bill in the Assembly in face of stiff opposition from the Congress and BJP.
“The Janlokpal Bill was not tabled as per the rule… Since the method applied was wrong, both Congress and the BJP opposed it,” Shinde said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More