Terming the arrest of four suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists by special cell of Delhi Police as a “big success”, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Sunday said it would help in getting more links to nab other terrorists.
“Waqas, who is a Pakistani terrorist, was wanted in various terrorist attacks in the country. We were tracking him since the last 8-10 days,” he told reporters here.
To a question, Shinde said, “We had said that when the time comes we will disclose about it. It is a big success for us. We have got him. His arrest is most important.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“His (Waqas’) arrest will help us in providing more links. We are in process of nabbing 2-3 more terrorists. If I mention any case in which he is involved, it will not be good on account of evidence,” Shinde added.
Waqas was wanted by police in connection with several blasts in the country including the serial blasts at Zaveri Bazaar in Mumbai on July 12, 2011.
Sources said those arrested were operating from Jodhpur in Rajasthan and planning a big strike during the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Police have also recovered large quantity of incriminating material from those arrested in the case.