The Chief Judicial Magistrate, Srinagar, Saturday issued an arrest warrant against former J&K Minister of State for Health Shabir Khan after he failed to present himself before the police. Khan had resigned Friday after a female doctor alleged he made sexual advances towards her. He has been evading the arrest ever since.
The CJM passed the order as Khan failed to show up in the court as well as at the police station in Saheed Gunj, where a case has been registered against him. “A police team has been formed to arrest him,” an officer said.
Khan had been summoned by the police to Srinagar, but sources said he is in Jammu and is trying to seek bail from a higher court.
The police had registered a case against the minister on Thursday. On Friday, Khan had moved a bail application before the High Court in Jammu, but it was turned down by the chief justice and he was asked to move the bail application in Srinagar. Meanwhile, doctors in Kashmir observed a day-long strike demanding Khan’s arrest.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage