An army soldier on Thursday shot five colleagues dead at point blank range when they were sleeping before committing suicide in Kashmir’s Ganderbal district. “A soldier of a Rashtriya Rifles unit ran amok in the wee hours, killing five soldier before killing himself,” an army spokesman said.
The incident took place inside the army camp of 13 Rashtriya Rifles at Safapora. “The Court of Inquiry has been ordered into the incident as army jawan who ran amok late last night killed five soldiers inside Manasbal camp. The senior officers have been asked to investigate reasons behind the incident” the spokesman said..
According to sources, the soldier, who was posted on sentry duty at the camp, entered one of the barracks at around 2.00 AM and opened indiscriminate firing on his sleeping colleagues.
They said five soldiers were killed and another injured in the firing before the jawan went on to shoot himself.
With PTI inputs
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016