An army soldier on Thursday shot five colleagues dead at point blank range when they were sleeping before committing suicide in Kashmir’s Ganderbal district. “A soldier of a Rashtriya Rifles unit ran amok in the wee hours, killing five soldier before killing himself,” an army spokesman said.
The incident took place inside the army camp of 13 Rashtriya Rifles at Safapora. “The Court of Inquiry has been ordered into the incident as army jawan who ran amok late last night killed five soldiers inside Manasbal camp. The senior officers have been asked to investigate reasons behind the incident” the spokesman said..
According to sources, the soldier, who was posted on sentry duty at the camp, entered one of the barracks at around 2.00 AM and opened indiscriminate firing on his sleeping colleagues.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
They said five soldiers were killed and another injured in the firing before the jawan went on to shoot himself.
With PTI inputs