An army jawan has been arrested on charges of raping a woman in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said Sunday.
Showkat Ahmad Malik, a jawan in the 60 Battalion of the Territorial Army, was arrested by police yesterday when he was trying to flee the house of the woman in Zirhama area of Kupwara district, the police said.
Malik, a resident of nearby Trehgam area, had barged into the house of the woman last evening and allegedly raped her after gagging her mouth, the police said.
As Malik was leaving after committing the crime, the woman raised an alarm after which he was nabbed by the locals and handed over to police.
The woman was sent for medical examination while a case under Section 376 RPC (rape) was registered against Malik, the police said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More