At least three terrorists were killed by Army troops in a fierce gunbattle with a group that tried to infiltrate into Jammu and Kashmir from across the Line of Control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati sector of Poonch district during wee hours of Thursday, a day before the maiden visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the sensitive border state.
Significantly, this infiltration is the second such incident in the last 24 hours as Army troops had foiled an infiltration bid by terrorists in KG sector during wee hours of Wednesday also. However, there has been no casualty on the Army side during exchange of fire with terrorists on both the occasions.
Pointing out that infiltrating terrorists were eight to nine in numbers, sources said that that bid by them was noticed by alert troops at Roshani post around midnight. On being challenged, they opened fire making the troops to retaliate.
Since then, the exchange of fire continued between the two sides, sources said, adding that the bodies of slain terrorists were yet to be recovered.
Modi, who is arriving in Jammu on Friday, will inaugurate Udhampur-Katra rail service and later fly over to Valley where he would review law and order situation at a high level meeting. Separatist Hurriyat hardliner Syed Ali Shah Geelani has already given a Valley bandh call on his maiden visit. Security has already been stepped up with police and security forces maintaining highest vigil in view of the Prime Minister’s visit.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review