Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s maiden visit to Jammu and Kashmir on Friday, the Army foiled two infiltration bids by the terrorists from across the Line of Control (LoC) in the past 24 hours in Poonch district.
The latest encounter took place near Roshni post in Krishna Ghati (KG) sector during wee hours of Thursday when Army troops challenged a group of 8-10 infiltrators who were trying to sneak into the Indian territory from the side of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) past midnight. The encounter continued till 10 am Thursday. After carrying out searches, the Army has rules out the possibility of any terrorist infiltrating into the Indian territory. Searches were in progress till last reports came in. Defence ministry spokesperson Lt Colonel Maneesh Mehta said there was no report of any casualty or damage on the Indian side during the encounter.
Thursday’s infiltration attempt was second such act by terrorists in the past 24 hours. Terrorists had earlier made a failed bid to sneak into the country in the same sector early Wednesday.
Katra town — the base camp to Mata Vaishnodevi shrine — has been turned into a fortress ahead of Modi’s visit.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review