Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s maiden visit to Jammu and Kashmir on Friday, the Army foiled two infiltration bids by the terrorists from across the Line of Control (LoC) in the past 24 hours in Poonch district.
The latest encounter took place near Roshni post in Krishna Ghati (KG) sector during wee hours of Thursday when Army troops challenged a group of 8-10 infiltrators who were trying to sneak into the Indian territory from the side of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) past midnight. The encounter continued till 10 am Thursday. After carrying out searches, the Army has rules out the possibility of any terrorist infiltrating into the Indian territory. Searches were in progress till last reports came in. Defence ministry spokesperson Lt Colonel Maneesh Mehta said there was no report of any casualty or damage on the Indian side during the encounter.
Thursday’s infiltration attempt was second such act by terrorists in the past 24 hours. Terrorists had earlier made a failed bid to sneak into the country in the same sector early Wednesday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Katra town — the base camp to Mata Vaishnodevi shrine — has been turned into a fortress ahead of Modi’s visit.