An attempt by three Pakistani militants to sneak into Indian territory was on Sunday foiled by the army, which also defused an Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) planted by the infiltrators along LoC in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
This is the third attempt in a month by militants to breach the borders.
“Our troops noticed suspicious movement of a group of three terrorists opposite our (forward) post along LoC in Bhimbher Gali at around 0830 hours today,” a defence spokesman said.
Troops guarding the borderline fired on the infiltrating terrorists and they fled to Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK), he said.
They had also planted an IED to target troops, he said adding that it was recovered and destroyed in the location. No one was injured and there was no damage to property, the spokesman said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
This was the third infiltration bid by Pakistan militants along LoC. On May 10, two militants were killed when Army troops foiled an infiltration bid along Line of Control (LoC) in Kalsia belt of Poonch district. One jawan had suffered injuries in the firing.
On May 3, troops foiled an infiltration bid along LoC in Sawjian belt of Poonch district.
Army officials said the ceasefire violations and firing by Pakistani troops were aimed at helping militants infiltrate into Jammu and Kashmir from the “launching pads” along LoC, where they are waiting to crossover.
There are also inputs that bids to engineer attacks by Pakistan’s Border Action Team (BAT) on Indian forward posts and patrolling parties are being planned from across the border, they said.