The Army on Saturday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Three to four persons were found crossing the LoC in Poonch from the Pakistan side at 10.45 am, Defence Spokesperson, Northern Command, Col S D Goswami said.
- J&K: 3 minor boys among five of family killed in Pakistan shelling
- India, Pakistan exchange heavy fire on LoC; no casualties
- J&K: Two soldiers, civilian injured in Pakistan shelling
- J&K: Army kills Pakistani terrorist, foils infiltration bid
- Jammu and Kashmir: Army foils infiltration bid by Pak militants along LoC
- Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in Poonch
“When these persons were well within the Indian territory, our troops deployed in the area opened fire on them,” Col Goswami said, adding that simultaneously, a Pakistani post located immediately across the area resorted to heavy firing. During the exchange of fire, the infiltrators ran back, he said.