With the help of ground penetrating radars and other equipments, the army troops have found that an underground tunnel detected in Pargwal area in August emanates from across the Line of Control (LoC) and has come nearly 150 meters inside the Indian territory.
The tunnel which is four ft high and three ft wide has been dug up 20 ft below the ground. The entire alignment of the tunnel has been detected.
The tunnel, which is big enough to provide safe passage to infiltrating terrorists from Pakistan side, appeared incomplete as it had no exit on the Indian side, sources said.
The troops had stumbled upon the underground tunnel in Chakla area of Pargwal sector on August 22 after an area domination patrol noticed depression in the ground and sounded alert. The cross border tunnel, the second detected by troops in the same sector during the last four years, was found nearly three km away from the earlier one detected in the area during 2010.
A similar cross-border tunnel was found dug up nearly 400 meter into the Indian side from Pakistan at Chillyari near the international border in Samba district in July 2012 as well.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review