BJP leader VK Malhotra has been served a legal notice by All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat for allegedly causing “damage to secular fabric” by his controversial statement that Jamia Nagar and Batla House have become safe havens for terrorists.
The organisation said such statements could flare communal passions and pose a threat to peace in the country ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
“Your aforesaid statements have caused immense and irreparable damage to the reputation of an entire locality,its residents, its co-religionists as well as such other localities and their residents throughout the country. The damage caused is beyond calculation in term of money,” the legal notice by the apex Muslim body read.
Four organisations under the common platform of the All India Majlis-e-Mushawarat have stressed that all talk of development would be undermined if peace was threatened.
In a separate resolution, the organisations including Jamaat-e-Islami have condemned what they described as harassment of Muslim youth and religious scholars on the pretext of false terror related cases.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews