Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Tuesday said he has sought extension of deadline beyond January 30 from the President for discussing and returning the Telangana Bill.
Though the Chief Minister did not specify the time sought from President Pranab Mukherjee, sources close to him said an additional three weeks were sought by the state.
The President initially gave time till January 23 to the state legislature to discuss the AP Reorganisation Bill, 2013 and return it, but subsequently extended the deadline till January 30. So far, around 90 MLAs, including the Chief Minister, have spoken on the Bill and expressed their views while some others have given their opinions in writing. But most of the discussion was disrupted by either Seemaandhra or Telangana legislators on one demand or the other.
The Seemaandhra ministers and MLAs, who held a meeting with the CM, decided to seek additional time citing frequent disruptions caused by their Telangana colleagues. Accordingly, the Chief Minister on Tuesday said that he has written a letter to the President in this regard.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More