Days after a young lawyer wrote a blog accusing a retired Supreme Court judge of sexual harassment,another woman lawyer has made similar allegations against a very senior lawyer.
The lawyer,in her blog posted on Legally India,alleged that she was harassed by her senior for long even after she stopped assisting him.
“I once assisted a very senior lawyer whose advances towards me continued for quite some time after my assistance ceased,” she wrote.
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
The lawyer alleged that the advances made by the senior,who was “old enough to be her father,were not physical but were more of sexual interest.”
“The advances were not physical; it was more in the nature of an obsessive romantic and sexual interest,starting with inappropriately timed phone calls to flowers,dinner invitations,and then sexually explicit email forwards and SMS jokes to more explicit expressions. This wasn’t courtship,it was pursuit by a man old enough to be my father,who knew perfectly well how difficult it would be for me to reject him,” the lawyer wrote on her blog.
The lawyer alleged that the advances made by her senior were ‘clearly inappropriate’ while a “fewer saw it as harassment,and fewer still as discrimination.”
The sexual harassment allegations have rocked the legal fraternity with more of such accusations coming into light.
Recently,a law intern had alleged sexual harassment by a former SC judge. The allegation came close on the heels of the allegations made by a lawyer on a blog.
The lawyer,in a blog she wrote on November 6 for the Journal of Indian Law and Society,and later in an interview to web site Legally India,had alleged that she was sexually harassed in December by a Supreme Court judge with whom she was interning. The woman,who graduated from Kolkata’s National University of Juridical Sciences this year,did not name the judge but said he “retired recently”.
Following the allegation,the Supreme Court suo motu decided to launch an inquiry and formed a three-judge panel to ascertain the veracity of the accusation made by a young lawyer.