Days after a young lawyer wrote a blog accusing a retired Supreme Court judge of sexual harassment,another woman lawyer has made similar allegations against a very senior lawyer.
The lawyer,in her blog posted on Legally India,alleged that she was harassed by her senior for long even after she stopped assisting him.
“I once assisted a very senior lawyer whose advances towards me continued for quite some time after my assistance ceased,” she wrote.
The lawyer alleged that the advances made by the senior,who was “old enough to be her father,were not physical but were more of sexual interest.”
“The advances were not physical; it was more in the nature of an obsessive romantic and sexual interest,starting with inappropriately timed phone calls to flowers,dinner invitations,and then sexually explicit email forwards and SMS jokes to more explicit expressions. This wasn’t courtship,it was pursuit by a man old enough to be my father,who knew perfectly well how difficult it would be for me to reject him,” the lawyer wrote on her blog.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The lawyer alleged that the advances made by her senior were ‘clearly inappropriate’ while a “fewer saw it as harassment,and fewer still as discrimination.”
The sexual harassment allegations have rocked the legal fraternity with more of such accusations coming into light.
Recently,a law intern had alleged sexual harassment by a former SC judge. The allegation came close on the heels of the allegations made by a lawyer on a blog.
The lawyer,in a blog she wrote on November 6 for the Journal of Indian Law and Society,and later in an interview to web site Legally India,had alleged that she was sexually harassed in December by a Supreme Court judge with whom she was interning. The woman,who graduated from Kolkata’s National University of Juridical Sciences this year,did not name the judge but said he “retired recently”.
Following the allegation,the Supreme Court suo motu decided to launch an inquiry and formed a three-judge panel to ascertain the veracity of the accusation made by a young lawyer.