The alleged rape of a nine-year-old Hindu girl by a 60-year-old Muslim man on Sunday afternoon, coupled with rumours that the girl had died, led to a communal flare-up on Monday morning in Loni, Ghaziabad, with protesters pelting stones and torching vehicles. According to the police, nobody was injured in the violence.
However, at around 11.30 pm on Monday, less than a kilometre from the affected area, a 30-year-old Muslim youth, Jameel, was reportedly gunned down by two assailants. His family has alleged that it is a case of retaliatory killing. The police said they are investigating the matter.
According to Ghaziabad SSP Dharmendra Singh, the alleged rape took place around 4 pm on Sunday. The FIR was registered at 7.30 pm and the suspect was arrested around 10.30 pm, police said.“After the alleged rape incident happened, the victim informed her mother and she came to the police station. The FIR was registered by Sunday evening.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Although we had arrested the suspect by around 10.30 pm, on Monday morning, somebody spread a false rumour that the girl had died,” Singh said. He added that the police are investigating possible links between Jameel’s death and the violence following the alleged rape.