The alleged rape of a nine-year-old Hindu girl by a 60-year-old Muslim man on Sunday afternoon, coupled with rumours that the girl had died, led to a communal flare-up on Monday morning in Loni, Ghaziabad, with protesters pelting stones and torching vehicles. According to the police, nobody was injured in the violence.
However, at around 11.30 pm on Monday, less than a kilometre from the affected area, a 30-year-old Muslim youth, Jameel, was reportedly gunned down by two assailants. His family has alleged that it is a case of retaliatory killing. The police said they are investigating the matter.
According to Ghaziabad SSP Dharmendra Singh, the alleged rape took place around 4 pm on Sunday. The FIR was registered at 7.30 pm and the suspect was arrested around 10.30 pm, police said.“After the alleged rape incident happened, the victim informed her mother and she came to the police station. The FIR was registered by Sunday evening.
Although we had arrested the suspect by around 10.30 pm, on Monday morning, somebody spread a false rumour that the girl had died,” Singh said. He added that the police are investigating possible links between Jameel’s death and the violence following the alleged rape.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More