Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare, who has been critical of nepotism in politics, has said he was not told of the Trinamool Congress’s decision to field West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s nephew Abhishek in the elections.
Speaking to The Indian Express on phone from Ralegan Siddhi, Hazare, who declared support for the TMC recently, said, “I do not know (about the decision to field Abhishek) so I cannot comment on it.
You should ask her (Mamata) about that. I have not seen the list that they have announced. Neither do I know about the rally schedule. It is being worked out by people from both sides and they will let me know where I have to visit.”
Hazare and Banerjee are set make a joint announcement on Friday about a proposed TMC Ramlila rally on March 12.
A source close to Hazare defended the decision to field Abhishek. “This cannot be termed nepotism. It is not as if the person has been sprung on the party upon his return from abroad as has happened in many other parties. He has worked hard to reach here. That is what differentiates Mamata from the likes of Lalu Prasad Yadav and Mulayam Singh Yadav,” said a close aide of Hazare.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More