Former Army Chief General V K Singh today said social activist Anna Hazare is impressed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s personality and not influenced by her ideology.
“She (Mamata) lives with simplicity and that is why Anna appreciates her. She stays in her own house in Kalighat and wears a slipper and a simple saree. It is not ideology, but about the personality,” Singh told PTI on-board Lucknow Mail. He was on his way to attend Narendra Modi’s rally here.
“Anna is on a mission to develop rural India and from there the development should only move forward. No body should have any objection to it,” Singh said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Stating that Anna wanted to get “good” people elected in the country for the formation of a strong Lokpal, the former Army Chief said, “a strong Lokpal should be made for that a good person must be elected for the purpose.”