- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Anna impressed by Mamata’s simplicity, not ideology: V K Singh
Former Army Chief General V K Singh today said social activist Anna Hazare is impressed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s personality and not influenced by her ideology.
“She (Mamata) lives with simplicity and that is why Anna appreciates her. She stays in her own house in Kalighat and wears a slipper and a simple saree. It is not ideology, but about the personality,” Singh told PTI on-board Lucknow Mail. He was on his way to attend Narendra Modi’s rally here.
“Anna is on a mission to develop rural India and from there the development should only move forward. No body should have any objection to it,” Singh said.
Stating that Anna wanted to get “good” people elected in the country for the formation of a strong Lokpal, the former Army Chief said, “a strong Lokpal should be made for that a good person must be elected for the purpose.”