Former Army Chief General V K Singh today said social activist Anna Hazare is impressed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s personality and not influenced by her ideology.
“She (Mamata) lives with simplicity and that is why Anna appreciates her. She stays in her own house in Kalighat and wears a slipper and a simple saree. It is not ideology, but about the personality,” Singh told PTI on-board Lucknow Mail. He was on his way to attend Narendra Modi’s rally here.
“Anna is on a mission to develop rural India and from there the development should only move forward. No body should have any objection to it,” Singh said.
Stating that Anna wanted to get “good” people elected in the country for the formation of a strong Lokpal, the former Army Chief said, “a strong Lokpal should be made for that a good person must be elected for the purpose.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched