Three girls were allegedly abducted and later murdered by their uncle in Nizamabad district of Andhra Pradesh on Thursday, police said.
Accused Narender Reddy, aged around 35, lured the three girls Siri (9), Akshaya (7) and Khushi (5) with chocolates and snacks while they were playing near their relative’s house in Nizamabad town and took them in a car last night, they said based on a complaint lodged by the girl’s parents.
The girls, all cousins, were then taken to bypass road on Nizamabad town outskirts where Narender allegedly poured petrol on them and set them ablaze, before fleeing from the scene, Nizamabad DSP S Anil Kumar said.
“The half-burnt bodies were found near a college this morning and whether the girls were sedated before being killed will be known only after postmortem, the DSP said.
When police checked the call data records of Narender they found that he had gone towards Basar and found the car near a bridge. However, Narender was not there even as one person called the Basar police informing them that he had seen a man resembling Narender sitting on the railing of the bridge, the senior police officer explained.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“We are investigating whether he might have jumped from the bridge into the river. However, swimmers did not find any body so far,” Anil Kumar said adding a case of murder has been booked in connection with the incident.