On Monday morning, over 47,000 government employees will arrive at offices all over Andhra Pradesh to scan through spreadsheets to find out whether they have been attached to the new state of Telangana, or the residual state of Andhra Pradesh.
The final formula for bifurcation of the state’s government employees was worked out by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) on Saturday on a pro rata basis: 58 per cent of the workforce stays with the residual state, while 42 per cent moves to Telangana.
The formula was worked out on the basis of the populations of the two states as per the 2011 census.
The cumbersome process of splitting the government workforce of the original Andhra Pradesh before Monday’s deadline meant that the entire DoPT, including Minister of State Jitendra Singh, worked through Saturday.
“This task of bifurcation of the cadre was upon us even as the new team took over in the DoPT. But by Monday morning, each and every post will be accounted for,” a top official said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A little over half — 24,838 employees — of the functional state cadre strength of 47,186 will remain domiciled at their current places of work across undivided Andhra.
Of the remaining 22,348 employees, 12,361 will remain with the residual state of Andhra Pradesh, while 9,987 will now be payrolled with the state of Telangana.
Officials pointed out that the sanctioned cadre strength for Andhra Pradesh was 67,714, but some 30 per cent of posts (20,528 posts) were vacant, bringing the current strength down to 47,186. The cadre-splitting exercise follows bifurcation of assets, entities and offices.