At least six people including three Central Reserve Police men were injured when unidentified persons tossed a grenade on the CRPF patrol in South Kashmir’s Anantnag town.
This is the second grenade attack in the town within a week.
- Terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir: A timeline of recent incidents
- Militants hurl grenade at CRPF camp in Sopore, five injured
- J&K: Two killed, PWD minister escapes unhurt in Tral grenade attack
- Four CRPF jawans injured in grenade attack in Anantnag
- Encounter in Shopian, militants trapped
- J&K: Grenade attack in Anantnag kills one civilian, injures four including a CRPF jawan
Officials said that a grenade was hurled by unidentified men towards a CRPF patrol at KP road on Anantnag – Pahalgam highway, the grenade exploded on the road in which three CRPF men and three civilians sustained injuries. Soon after the attack, Army and Police cordoned the area.
All the injured were taken to hospital. Last week, one civilian lost his life when a grenade exploded on the road near Achabal in the town.