The Gujarat government plans to employ a professional agency to create social media buzz for the 7th edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors’ Summit (VGGIS), scheduled to be held from January 11 to 13, 2015.
The Industrial Extension Bureau (iNDEXTb) — the state government agency spearheading the event since 2003 — is scouting for social media agencies who can “exclusively handle” Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Wikipedia, WhatsApp, Telegram (Mobile Messaging App), Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and other social media platforms for a period between August 2014 to March 2015, government sources said.
The state government, which used to run advertisement campaigns in foreign media to invite investors ahead of the earlier VGGIS, will have the social media campaign go viral in a big way this time.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office has confirmed his presence at the inauguration of VGGIS, which he launched on January 11, 2003. The summit will follow the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas celebrations from January 7 to 9 to be held in Gandhinagar. Modi is expected to attend the celebrations on January 8. The seven-month-long campaign is targeted at specific “stakeholders”, including investors, national and international leaders and corporate houses.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The iNDEXTb has invited “sealed expression of interest” from experienced firms for “creation and execution of comprehensive social media promotion and digital marketing campaigns on a turnkey basis”. Firms have been invited to submit “sample of ideas” that they plan for “executing the social media campaign for Vibrant Gujarat and for making it viral”. The last date of submission of the tender is August 21.
The agency is looking for firms that can support multiple languages including English, Hindi, Gujarati and Chinese. The social media and digital strategy is aimed at taking the Vibrant Gujarat message to a targeted audience like investors and industry leaders.