Dissidence once again back to haunt Assam CM Tarun Gogoi with health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma meeting Congress president Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi. Though Sarma claimed it was a “routine” meeting, a visibly upset Gogoi said he was not bothered about dissidence and was ready to quit “in one minute.”
“I generally meet Sonia Gandhi whenever I am in Delhi. Yes, I have met her, but there is no political significance to the meeting. I just briefed her about the situation and told her how we propose to win maximum seats (in the Lok Sabha election),” Sarma said, emerging from his meeting with Sonia on Wednesday.
Three other Congress legislators, including Abdul Muhib Mazumdar also met Sonia in the Capital.
Local media reports said that 53 Congress MLAs from the state had submitted a letter for Sonia to her political secretary Ahmed Patel. The letter reportedly has “something” against Gogoi.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest