Dissidence once again back to haunt Assam CM Tarun Gogoi with health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma meeting Congress president Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi. Though Sarma claimed it was a “routine” meeting, a visibly upset Gogoi said he was not bothered about dissidence and was ready to quit “in one minute.”
“I generally meet Sonia Gandhi whenever I am in Delhi. Yes, I have met her, but there is no political significance to the meeting. I just briefed her about the situation and told her how we propose to win maximum seats (in the Lok Sabha election),” Sarma said, emerging from his meeting with Sonia on Wednesday.
Three other Congress legislators, including Abdul Muhib Mazumdar also met Sonia in the Capital.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Local media reports said that 53 Congress MLAs from the state had submitted a letter for Sonia to her political secretary Ahmed Patel. The letter reportedly has “something” against Gogoi.