Alwar rape-convict Bitty Mohanty, who jumped bail in 2006 but was arrested in Kerala in 2013 on charges of impersonation, was taken back to Rajasthan on Monday. The son of former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty has to serve his remaining jail term in Jaipur now onwards.
Last week, a single bench of Kerala High Court had rejected plea of Bitty, who wanted the court prevent the Kerala Prisons Department from handing him over to their counterparts in Rajasthan. Bitty was convicted for seven years of imprisonment on charges of raping a German woman in 2006. He was granted a brief parole to meet his ailing mother.
He jumped bail and resurfaced in Kerala as a management student named Raghav Rajan, a native of Puttaparthi in Andra Pradesh. Bitty obtained degree from Kannur University as Raghav Rajan. He later got recruited as a probationary bank officer with Kerala-based State Bank of Travancore, an SBI subsidiary.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
He was arrested from Kannur in March, 2013, while serving as an officer in an suburban SBT branch. Later, a court in Kannur had granted him bail in the impersonation case. At the same time, the jail authorities in Kannur could not release him on bail as he was facing a production warrant from Alwar in connection with the conviction in rape case.
Following a direction from the high court, the district jail superintendent in Kannur had moved a petition in the local magistrate court securing order for taking Bitty to Rajasthan.
On Monday, Bitty was send to Jaipur by Kochi-Ajmeer Marusagar Express with police escort.