Alwar rape-convict Bitty Mohanty, who jumped bail in 2006 but was arrested in Kerala in 2013 on charges of impersonation, was taken back to Rajasthan on Monday. The son of former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty has to serve his remaining jail term in Jaipur now onwards.
Last week, a single bench of Kerala High Court had rejected plea of Bitty, who wanted the court prevent the Kerala Prisons Department from handing him over to their counterparts in Rajasthan. Bitty was convicted for seven years of imprisonment on charges of raping a German woman in 2006. He was granted a brief parole to meet his ailing mother.
He jumped bail and resurfaced in Kerala as a management student named Raghav Rajan, a native of Puttaparthi in Andra Pradesh. Bitty obtained degree from Kannur University as Raghav Rajan. He later got recruited as a probationary bank officer with Kerala-based State Bank of Travancore, an SBI subsidiary.
He was arrested from Kannur in March, 2013, while serving as an officer in an suburban SBT branch. Later, a court in Kannur had granted him bail in the impersonation case. At the same time, the jail authorities in Kannur could not release him on bail as he was facing a production warrant from Alwar in connection with the conviction in rape case.
Following a direction from the high court, the district jail superintendent in Kannur had moved a petition in the local magistrate court securing order for taking Bitty to Rajasthan.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On Monday, Bitty was send to Jaipur by Kochi-Ajmeer Marusagar Express with police escort.