Troops from the paramilitary force Assam Rifles and the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence have seized US $ 48,700 allegedly meant for purchasing illegal arms and arrested one person in Mizoram’s Kolasib district, according to a statement.
Troops from the 39th Assam Rifles and DRI officials intercepted a vehicle near the village of Zanlawn in Mizoram’s Kolasib district on Friday night.
“The seized US Dollars [were] in denominations of 100, 50 and 20 dollar bills,” the statement said, adding the owner has been identified as Khuplianthanga, a resident of Champhai, a town near the international border with Myanmar.
“The seized US currency converted to Indian Rupees is more than 30 lakh rupees,” said the statement, adding a mobile phone recovered from the suspect had contact numbers from Myanmar, and that the money was meant for payments for an arms consignment in Myanmar.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016