Troops from the paramilitary force Assam Rifles and the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence have seized US $ 48,700 allegedly meant for purchasing illegal arms and arrested one person in Mizoram’s Kolasib district, according to a statement.
Troops from the 39th Assam Rifles and DRI officials intercepted a vehicle near the village of Zanlawn in Mizoram’s Kolasib district on Friday night.
“The seized US Dollars [were] in denominations of 100, 50 and 20 dollar bills,” the statement said, adding the owner has been identified as Khuplianthanga, a resident of Champhai, a town near the international border with Myanmar.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“The seized US currency converted to Indian Rupees is more than 30 lakh rupees,” said the statement, adding a mobile phone recovered from the suspect had contact numbers from Myanmar, and that the money was meant for payments for an arms consignment in Myanmar.