Describing the next three months before general elections as crucial, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday called upon senior officials of the state to work in an unbiased and bold manner.
Inaugurating the ‘IAS week’ here, the Chief Minister asked the gathering of IAS officers of UP cadre to ensure impartiality and boldness in their functioning during the next three months before the Lok Sabha elections.
Instructing them to ensure quality in the implementation of various development schemes and welfare programmes, he asked them to regularly review them and carry out inspections. Warning that corruption would not be tolerated, he asked for strict action on complaints of graft and directed that there should be sensitivity at all level in this regard.
Yadav also directed officials to meet people and solve their problems and said there should be emphasis on improving the law and order for development of the state. He also stressed on proper training of police force from modern technology in their functioning. Stressing on the importance of good law and order for the progress of the state, he said even small incidents should not go unresolved as anti-social elements take advantage of such a situation and this tarnishes the state’s image.
Referring to the development works in the state, the Chief Minister said though some departments have done a good job, there were some others whose performance had not been satisfactory and they should do the needful in this regard.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Warning the lax officials, he said that he had been getting feedback of good work being done by district level officials through his ‘janata ka darshan’ programme, an initiative to hear public grievances.
Maintaining that his government was working for the people, he said the government had extended all possible help including providing land for the AIIMS complex in Rae Bareli which he said had faced several hurdles during the previous government.