With the BJP including “love jihad” as an agenda in its state executive meet that began in Mathura Saturday, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav ridiculed the move and said it was not possible to put restrictions on love affairs.
“Just tell me, is it possible to ban love affairs in today’s world? Is it possible to ban interaction between two persons? Is it possible to stop introduction between two persons?” Akhilesh said at the SP office here.
Akhilesh regretted that several “love affairs” were given a “wrong twist” by media and the BJP. “Whatever incidents have occurred in UP, all have been politicised. International news has been made. Even people in the UN and the US became aware about UP. The reality is out in the Badaun killings case. Whom shall I write to as the CM? Shall I write to UN or US on personal basis or follow the protocol?,” he added.
He said in most of the incidents, the accused and the victim were known to each other. Despite that, allegations were made. “Even in Faizabad incident, which was blown up, they (the girl and the youth) knew each other,” he added.
The CM also called for a a CBI inquiry into “persons of a political party who were in constant touch (with the victim’s kin)”.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review